Our client manages investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity.
Portfolio Associate Team Overview
Portfolio Associate team members help to oversee the portfolios on a day to day basis and liaise directly with Portfolio Managers and build relationships internally with Account Managers, Product Managers, Legal and Compliance counterparts, Operations teams, and other Portfolio Trade Associate teams across the firm’s global offices. On a day-to-day basis, Portfolio Associates’ primary functions will consist of monitoring risk exposures across portfolios, sizing trades to take risk measures to portfolio managers’ desired target, and managing all other operational aspects of the portfolio. Portfolio Associates are routinely encouraged to provide creative solutions and develop key tools and reporting methods to support the Portfolio Management team.
The Portfolio Associate to assist with efforts on the Global Desk. This position will join the existing team and work with and support FX volume across G10 currencies as well as EM FX. The Portfolio Associate must build strong relationships with all other desks to ensure that the FX book remains aligned across the firm.
Location: Newport Beach, CA.
- Support Portfolio Managers on Global Desk in the capacity of an expert on all currency-related matters
- Assist in the tracking and monitoring of currency exposures in Global Portfolios as well as Offshore vehicles and Overlay Strategies
- Become an expert in all currency-related legal guidelines and take proper action daily to stay within the limits.
- Attend account opening, closing, and transition meetings as an advisor on proper currency management
- Perform Risk Management on a daily basis in regards to currency hedging and rebalances
- Become an expert in all G10 and EM conventions and mechanics from trade to settlement for spot, forward and OTC options
- Prior experience in Foreign Currency trade support or operations role/capacity preferred
- Proven ability to operate efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate the ability to organize and communicate information effectively in writing and interpersonal communications
- Outstanding analytical skills with a proven ability to problem solve in a timely basis
- Proven ability to build strong relationships
- Enjoy working collaboratively across the organization to resolve issues
- Ability to manage and see projects through completion on their own and be self-motivated
- Well organized, detail-oriented self-starter who works well in a team environment
- Strong Foreign Currency investment knowledge base required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, VBA, Bloomberg