The company is seeking a Product Associate to assist with efforts on the Public Strategy Fixed Income product team. This position will work with and support the Product Strategy Group and the Fixed Income team covers our Multi-Sector and Credit Strategies. The Product Associate must build solid internal relationships and partnerships with Business Developments, Portfolio Managers, Account Associates and Account Managers across our Global Wealth Management and Institutional channels. This job will be based in Newport Beach.
- Support Product Strategists in delivering portfolio solutions for clients
- Lever the effectiveness of the Fixed Income Product Strategy team so that they can focus on strategy advice and implementation by supervising data/information coordination and analysis
- Work with the product strategy team to monitor and manage the project queue to help prioritize opportunities, follow up with AM’s to ensure continued connectivity and sustained involvement with clients
- Perform detailed portfolio research and quantitative analysis with Excel,, Bloomberg, and Business Query
- Perform risk management, attribution, market commentary, and other product analysis reports on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Assist in the development of new products and funds
- Be an internal resource for client servicing and marketing groups for municipal related questions and inquiries.
- Ad Hoc research projects related to the municipal bond market
- Maintain marketing materials such as presentation books and other general education materials
- Assist with RFPs
- 1-2 years of Fixed Income experience
- Strong mathematical and quantitative abilities
- Strong production and results orientation
- Demonstrate the ability to organize and communicate information effectively in writing and interpersonal communications.
- Well organized, high energy level/self-starter, must work well in a team environment
- The ability to work effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel both internally and externally
- Enthusiasm for the financial markets and investment management
- Good Fixed income and/or derivatives investment knowledge base required
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and reasonable proficiency with Business Query, Bloomberg and other index provider systems (Yield Book, etc) preferred
- CFA designation (or active status in program) desired
- A major in Business/Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or Accounting preferred
- Intellectually curious