10 month CONTRACT Minimum.
DIRECT HIRE Opportunities if preferred
Data Analytics & Governance Supports business and technology partners to help create a culture where data metadata is managed as a valuable corporate asset.
Participates in the development and implementation of an integrated roadmap to guide the review, design, implementation, and ongoing operation of metadata practices and processes in alignment with Enterprise Data Governance Operating Directive in applicable areas of the organization. Facilitates input and influences business and technology stakeholders in the aspects of metadata management, provides guidance to design and implementation teams on interpretation of metadata guidelines, and maintains alignment between data governance practices and the data strategy.
- Review, approve and publish new metadata content
- Guide client through the design, set-up, initial implementation and management of a new data governance capability. Both functional and technical elements of Data Governance
- Perform requirements gathering, source system analysis, rules definitions
- Develop and execute plans to remediate missing or poor metadata content
- Identify operational issues in the metadata tool and processes and work with product manager to resolve
- Develop and execute plans to automate the population of table and column descriptions where they do not exist today
- Identifies and implements the optimum means to collect, process, analyze and report on metadata and ensure ongoing accuracy, integrity and security.
- Provides advice and guidance to on the implementation of a business glossary and technical and business metadata solutions.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging about metadata management; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Supports the resolution of metadata issues by coordinating stakeholders in the information chain.
- Supports the assessment, root cause analysis, and formulating proposed solutions/remediation strategies.
- Typically between 4 – 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Well versed in metadata management and in-depth experience using Metadata tools (eg, IGC, Collibra, Informatica, Alation…)
- Experience with data governance and data quality management
- Skilled in working with BI tools such as Power BI, SpotFire…
- Knowledge in working with SQL, relational databases and Excel