Portfolio Associate Team Overview
Portfolio Associate team members help to oversee the portfolios on a day to day basis and liaise directly with Portfolio Managers and build relationships internally with Account Managers, Product Managers, Legal and Compliance counterparts, Operations teams, and other Portfolio Trade Associate teams across the firm’s global offices. On a day-to-day basis, Portfolio Associates’ primary functions will consist of monitoring risk exposures across portfolios, sizing trades to take risk measures to portfolio managers’ desired target, and managing all other operational aspects of the portfolio. Portfolio Associates are routinely encouraged to provide creative solutions and develop key tools and reporting methods to support the Portfolio Management team.
Position Development Value:
- Extensive exposure to industry experts within Portfolio Management and across other functional areas of the firm
- A broad range of opportunities to collaborate with talented colleagues
- Learning environment focused on key buy-side portfolio risk and return principles
- Constructive feedback to foster career growth in addition to a formal annual review process
Location: Newport Beach, CA.
- Provide support to the Portfolio Management team
- Monitoring portfolio positions and products versus client guidelines in concert with Compliance team
- Coordinating with Portfolio Management on sizing and allocation of trades and re-balancing of portfolios
- Generating risk, performance and other reports daily
- Daily “strategy tagging” of all trades conducted during that day.
- Conducting performance and attribution analyses
- Responding to ad-hoc requests from the Portfolio Management team
- Strong academic background in a technical field from a leading, accredited college or university
- Good understanding of fixed income, equities and derivatives.
- Outstanding communication skills are required to operate in a complex financial and mathematical environment
- Excel “power user” – SQL, VBA and programming skills are preferred
- Strong process-oriented background and ability to demonstrate keen portfolio risk and operational awareness
- Outstanding analytical skills with a proven ability to function efficiently and problem-solve in a fast paced and time-critical environment
- Financial Services
- Investment Management
- Investment Banking