Our client is committed to building enduring relationships with our clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs. We work closely with private and public pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, sovereign wealth funds, high-net-worth individuals and families, as well as financial advisors. We are 100% active-employee-owned with broad-based ownership. The investment teams are solely focused on active management and employ disciplined, analytical research processes across a wide range of strategies, including U.S. equity, non-U.S. equity, fixed income, multi-asset,and alternatives. The client is based in Chicago with an investment management office in London and service offices in Zurich and Sydney.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
The mutual funds administration team is responsible for the oversight and administration of the client’s pooled products. In addition, the team oversees several Canadian trusts and Australian trusts as well as a number of funds formed as limited liability companies. As part of the oversight and administration of the pooled products, the team is responsible for the daily valuation of the underlying securities held within the funds and the calculation of the funds’ net asset value (NAV), the processing of fund expenses and maintenance of fund budgets, the validation of performance calculations and consolidation of data for daily metrics, the
preparation of the annual and semiannual reports and prospectus updates, the review of quarterly marketing materials, the updating of fund websites, and the preparation of quarterly board materials.
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform daily accounting duties including cash management, trade settlement, and coordinating information with the Fund’s custodian, prime brokers or counterparties on derivatives.
• Assist in cross training other staff members on daily work.
• Process payments to financial intermediaries, assist with quarterly reporting and ad hoc requests as needed.
• Prepare draft financial statements, and supporting data for the notes to the financial statements and other periodic reporting to regulators.
• Detailed review and verification of tax work papers, financial statement provision work papers, and tax return filings.
• Perform monthly and quarterly tasks including preliminary review of performance calculations, and asset reconciliations, and compiling data for budgets, and mutual fund marketing and outside reporting agencies. Review others’ work as requested.
• Prepare quarterly Board of Trustees materials including but not limited to compliance reporting materials and various mutual fund reports,
• Participate in other projects as requested by management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• Minimum 1 year accounting experience in the mutual fund or financial services industry preferred. Will consider a recent college undergraduate.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Motivated individual displaying consistently high attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. • Dedicated to functioning in a team environment.